New Lounger
    Thanks

Content disappears in Print Layout View (2002) (2002)

I selected a large amount of text (approx 5 pages) and changed the line spacing. When I move through the document (using the scroll bar or the Page up/down keys) text appears to be missing. When I scroll back again, the text reappears. I can go back and forth, and it continues to happen. What I mean is that it doesn't only happen once and then reset itself. This only happens in Print Layout view. If I work in Normal view things are fine.

Anybody ever see or hear about this?

Donna

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Content disappears in Print Layout View (2002) (2002)

Hi Donna:
    I'm not familiar with Word 2002, but have seen something similar to this with earlier versions. It has generally been a memory or display driver problem. In Print Layout View, Word has to calculate & redraw each page, as well as repaginate, etc. I've seen this when there has been one long table or numerous tables in the Word document or numerous programs running in the background. I admit, though, that I've never seen the text actually disappear--it usually comes back when you scroll back & forth. If I find out any more information, I'll post back.

shaysie

Re: Content disappears in Print Layout View (2002) (2002)

Unfortunately I have similar problems. Scrolling through Word 2002 documents and text appears to have disappeared and then reappears when you scroll back. I have no solution at this time.