New Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting Files Word 2002 (Word 2002/XP)

I have a series of files (6-10) with 1-2 screen shots that range from 50-150kb. I have plenty of memory (512) and lots of disk space. In Word 2002, when I try to insert one of these files into a new file Word hangs. I also tried it on my laptop and got the same results. If I open on of the files and then try to open another, Word hangs. I have to quit after opening each and start again.

Since I need to create one document with all the files, I switched to Windows 98/Word 2000 and was able to insert all the files in a matter of a minute or two. I can now open these "master" documents in Word 2002.

(Not using or trying to create a real master document).

Any suggestions/ideas on what I can do so that I can do all my work in Word 2002.

Thanks

Gary R. Morrison

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Files Word 2002 (Word 2002/XP)

Gary ~ I've never seen what youre describing. 02 just simply works for me. So I would look to someplace other than Word for the cause.

Perhaps youre getting 'interference' from another program that's running? Outlook opens Word, e.g., if you're using Word as an email editor, and this may be the cause of your troubles?

Sorry I cant give you anything more substantial.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting Files Word 2002 (Word 2002/XP)

I haven't used either Word 2002 or Win XP. However, every time you crash, you're leaving temp files lying around. That will cause problems when you try to open a file or use Word subsequently. So while I don't have a solution, I can say that you should search your hard drive & delete all the files that are:
    ~*.*;*.tmp

Cheers,