New Lounger
    Thanks

Field Form Tabs in Table (Office 97 or XP)

I would like to know how to navigate in a table with form fields in column 1 from row 1 to row 2, etc. and then to column 2 to row 1, row 2, etc. The table would say a. b. c. in the first column, then d. e. f. in the second column. When I put form fields in the table, and F-11 to the next stop code, it goes from column 1 row 1 to column 2 row 1. It is driving me crazy, because I know there is a way you can change the way the cursor behaves in a table. Any help is very much appreciated!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Field Form Tabs in Table (Office 97 or XP)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Phil Rabichow on 26-Sep-02 14:09. )</P>First of all, you must protect your form. If you're using F11 to move between fields, you haven't protected (locked) the form. Secondly, you need to use an On Exit macro to tell Word which form field to go to. If you wish to go this route, look at WD97: How to Control the Tabbing Order in a Form

[i]Edited to add: On second thought. <A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/SetTabOrder.htm">How to set the