New Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Avery 2181 Labels (2002 SP-1)

I want to print the Avery 2181 labels from Word. When I select the 2181 label from the box, it shows a mini-sheet of labels, not a half-sheet of labels. Creating a new document of labels confirms this. Apparently, the template built into Word is wrong.

My next thought was to create a custom label. However, the half sheet of labels is essentially 2 mini-sheets that haven't been separated. Thus, there is not even spacing between every label. There is an extended space between labels 6 and 7. Does anyone know of a work-around for this? If I didn't need to color-code the files, I would just print each sheet twice. However, if I do that, then the color bar would not be consistently at the top of the label. My printer cannot feed the mini-sheet of labels. I hope someone has a solution!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing Avery 2181 Labels (2002 SP-1)

I checked in Word 97. Avery 2181 is a mini label & is set to print 6 labels on a small sheet of paper. However, I don't know why you'd have trouble with a custom label. If you start with the 2181, change the paper size to 8-1/2X11 (or whatever you're using), & change the number of labels per page, you should get what you want, if I understand correctly. What are you doing to make the custom label?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, because the sheet is essentially two mini-sheets that have not been separated, there is not even spacing between all labels. Essentially, there are 6 labels evenly space, a gap of over an inch, and then six more evenly spaced labels. The gap isn't a multiple of the labels, so even adding extra labels doesn't work.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I haven't tried this, but I think it would work. Create the mini-sheet of 6 labels. Change the paper size. Then copy & paste the table right below it, so that it's now 12 labels. There should be no gap because you've essentially doubled the table. Will this work for you?