New Lounger
    Thanks

HELP I am locked out of my database (Access 2000)

I ran the user level security wizard and everything worked fine for a week as long as I was the only one using the data base. Then I logged a administrator on the database. I couldn't log him on using his password I had to clear his password then log him in. He was able to log on using the new password he created. Some of the other users were also able to log on using the usernames and passwords I created when I ran the wizard. Then the next day nobody was able to log in. Everytime someone tried to log in they get a message saying "Incorrect password or username for" . I know they are correct though. Does anyone know what is causing the problem or how to get back into the database. I printed out the one-step security wizard report but it doesn't say how to use it to reenter the database. Microsoft isn't much help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HELP I am locked out of my database (Access 2000)

Are you sure everyone is using the same workgroup file?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I just recreated my workgroup file and I still cant get into the database. Shouldn't that have cleared up the problem and allowed me to enter using the username and password I was using before all this started happening. Yes there is only one workgroup file.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You might search google for password crackers. There are a number of services that unlock your database. I also remember having seen free password crackers.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you create a new workgroup, then the username and password will no longer exist (since they are stored in the workgroup). However, if you are careful to create the new workgroup with exactly the same owner information as the old and then create the username with the same PID as you did previously, then that should (hopefully) work.