New Lounger
    Orange Park, Florida, United Arab Emirates
    Thanks

Update Query (2000/SR-1)

Using a table that contains records of individuals with a unique ID field followed by such info as name, street address, city, zip, and a blank field for telephone number. A second table that contains the unique ID field and telephone number is available. The first table contains only a portion of the records available in the second table. Have attempted to create an update table to add the correct telephone numbers to the first table but for some unknown, to me, reason, I get some very weird results. I create a select query with both tables joined by the ID number and select the ID fields of both tables, and the telephone numbers of the second table to show. The results are both ID fields appear normally but the telephone number field lists the same number, not a telephone number, for an infinite number of records. Since I cannot get the select query to function properly, I am unable to create a satisfactory update table. The previous occasion to employ this methodology was successful with a larger first table. By the way, the number appearing in the phone number field is the number of the file that was imported from a .dbf file which no longer exists. Any suggestions?

PS. I've already re-installed Office 2000 SR-1 with no success.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Update Query (2000/SR-1)

Why don't you zip and post your database to this forum so people can have a look at what you are doing. What is the name of the SELECT query you are running?
    Are there duplicates in either table based upon UniqueID or ID Number as you refer to it?
    Pat

New Lounger
    Orange Park, Florida, United Arab Emirates
    Thanks

Re: Update Query (2000/SR-1)

Since the data contained in the tables is of a confidential nature I cannot forward the data. Upon further study I've managed to accomplish my objective through another approach. I do appreciate your comments and look forward to following others comments in the lounge as a means of learning more about the capabilities of Access. Thank you.