New Lounger
    Thanks

Deleting attachments

I am using Outlook 2000. When I delete attachments from some received emails the name of the attachment is retained on a line in the body of the email. On other emails deleting the attachment leaves no record of the filename. Does anybody know how to keep the name of the deleted file in the email? Or is this a function of the program that originated the email?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Deleting attachments

it may be a function of the sending client or it might be RTF formatted messages.... plain text and html formats don't add the file name.

Thanks

Is the name of the filename in the body of the message in the first place of those that retain the file name?

Using Outlook (with HTML as default) if I add an attachment to an already opened email, the name of the attached file is not added to the body. However, if I right-click on a file from Explorer and select "Send To > Mail Recipient", a new plain text message opens with the file name as both the subject and as a line in the body. If I remove the attachment, the body line remains.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Seems like it is out of my control as it depends on the format of the received email. Thanks for the response.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, the name of the filename is in the body of the message of those that retain the file name. It appears from MaryJ's response that the filename being in the body of the message (or not) depends on the format the emails are originally sent as.

Thanks for your response.

Alex