Star Lounger
    Thanks

Daily reminders on the network (2000)

In Outlook, how do you set up a simple pop-up reminder for everyone in the office to do something daily? And is there a way of doing it communally, so the first person on the network squelches it network-wide?

In our office, every morning when we come in someone has to remember to switch off the answering machine, and at 5.30pm to switch it back on again. At the moment we all have appointment reminders, and everyone gets reminded, even if someone else has already done it. Also, it takes space in the calendar every day, and seeing other things in the weekly diary is very difficult. Also, if you go early, you get last night's reminder the next morning when you start up Outlook, at the same time as you get reminded to switch it off!

If I set it as a task, it's too easy to accidentally click 'snooze' or 'dismiss' and forget it the following day, plus I can't see how to have it popup at a particular time.

We are running Outlook 2000 and Exchange 5.5.
    I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks

Re: Daily reminders on the network (2000)

How about using the Messenger service and having a Net Send memo sent network-wide?

(Or how about a Dual Alarm Clock or a time-switch for the answering machine?)

Lounger
    Thanks

Are you talking about a feature for MSN/Windows Messenger? (I am referring to the Net Send memo.) Can you explain this feature? I have never seen or heard of it. I don't see any mention of it in my copy of Messenger which I just updated today.

Thanks

No, the DOS command available in W2K and NT. It can be run on W98 as well but you need to be running WinPopup (I think).
    Not the most useful of utilities - if the recipient is typing away they can easily hit Return and cancel it without noticing.
    But - it can be scheduled with a simple batch file quite easily.

What OS are you running?

I sent the message below to myself from a command line (Run) by entering:
    net send leif Turn Off Answering Machine!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (4.7 KB, 0 views)