New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2000 Hyperlinks (2000)

I want to send out business HTML email that has a table of contents at the top that are anchor links to paragraph headings below. I want to do it in Outlook 2000.

I created the email in my home Outlook XP, tested it by sending it to myself and it worked fine,

I tried to do the same thing on my business Outlook 2000 but it seems to want to create hyperlinks only to external pages.

I then tried to author the email with internal anchor links in Word 2000 and paste the result into Outlook 2000 (in HTML view). Looked okay but when I sent it to myself it came in with the links busted, the hyperlinks didn't function.

You can't seem to test it like you can in XP using ctrl click.

Looking at the source code the link tags are weird whereas the one created in XP are standard.

Is Outlook 2000 lacking this functionality compared to Outlook XP or am I doing it wrong?

Any assistance appreciated
    Ian

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 Hyperlinks (2000)

Here's a trick that might solve your issue
    In Word 2000, select file> Send to> Mail recipient NB not as attachment
    This turns the document into an email, which is sent as HTML mail. Table of contents still work
    The only problem is the amount of additional code MSWord puts it, however you could use it as a verbose example to create fresh HTML mails from.

Hope this helps

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 Hyperlinks (2000)

Yes, that's a work around, many thanks.