New Lounger
    Thanks

problems with outloookXP and word as editor (outlook 2002)

I have a couple of problems with outlookXP (running on winXP).

1. When I receive an email with an internet hyperlink, I would like outlook to launch a new instance of internet explorer and not open the link in a already open IE window. Is that possible???

2. I use word (XP) as my email-editor, this causes another problem. How do I insert signatures. It seems that word only inserts the default signature and you cannot switch to another......

3. Another problem with using word is that you cannot modify the outlook toolbar once in word email edit mode (writing a new mail)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: problems with outloookXP and word as editor (outlook 2002)

Partial answer for you - when word is your editor, switch signatures by right mouse clicking the existing signature in the document. Weird, but the way it's set up.

Cindy

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: problems with outloookXP and word as editor (outlook 2002)

There is a setting for IE (Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts). I just learned (in this forum) the trick to shift-click URLs to get them to open in a new window when you are clicking in IE. However, this doesn't seem to work from Outlook for me. The only way I can figure to achieve what you want it to make this setting in IE which will affect all programs.

About signature is Word, see this edition of Woody's Office Watch:
    http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/ar...ate.asp?v7-n37

Bradley Ross