New Lounger
    Thanks

Setting time & date

Every time I power up my Win 98se machine it says "Windows has set the date and time because of a daylight savings time change. Please verify the settings are correct." It sets it to 1/1/1980 12:00:00am. I was sure it was due to a dead or low battery on the motherboard. So I replaced the 3.0v battery with the same kind but no difference. I still get a 1/1/1980 datetime when I power up and the same Windows message.

The manual for the Tyan 1590s motherboard shows and describes only 1 battery on the motherboard. When I replaced the battery and rebooted it said the CMOS values were set back to default, so I know I replaced the battery. Is there a hidden battery that I'm unaware of or could it be something else? Any help would be appreciated.
    --
    Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting time & date

After some more investigating I've found the following - I power up, go into the CMOS, set the correct date & time and then continue booting up that Windows still does not have the correct date and time. This sounds more and more like a hardware problem.