PeterK

Coloured backgrounds for word

Hi everyone,
    I have a problem that I can't find a solution for anywhere, although I'm sure one exists. I have a dyslexic colleagu who would like to have her text displayed in black on a light yellow or light blue screen, but print out as normal. Can anyone help ? Thanks

Thanks

Re: Coloured backgrounds for word

Using Word2K and working here:
    View/Web layout
    Format/Background and select a colour
    Prints out on a B&W laser as Black on White but you may have to tweak the printer settings if it's a colour jobbie.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Another way to do this might be to change the Windows settings for the background for the active window:

Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel, then double click to open Display. There should be an Appearance tab.
    Click on the sample ActiveWindow in the display, then on the Color dropdown next to Font. If you then click on Other Colors, you should be able to select an appropriate light pastel background. This will affect all your applications, though.
    - The above instructions work for Windows 98 but are probably roughly the same on the other OSs.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

In Word the ONLY other color combo that one can get is a Blue background and White text.
    Go to Tools, Options and select the General tab and enter a check mark at the 'Blue Background withit White text' line.

This was added for those Die Hard WP users. But now even WP has dropped this as the default.[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

PeterK

Thanks for this, I've decided to use this solution as it helps in all the Office applications