New Lounger
    Thanks

How do I connect USB ports (Windows XP Pro)

I just got upgraded everything. And there are two USB ports in the front of the Case, that are obviously connected to the motherboard. They are not connected, so how can I connect them, if you can, could you please give me a step-by-step answer? Thank you

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How do I connect USB ports (Windows XP Pro)

I can't believe that a manufacturer would build a PC with "advanced" design such as USB ports on the front of the case and NOT connect them to the motherboard! Did you build this PC yourself? What makes you think they are not connected to the motherboard? It's quite possible that you simply have to go into the system BIOS and turn on the USB. Tell us a little more, will ya?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Well I built it myself, I know how to get to the BIOS... but which setting to I go to, too activate USB ports? Also, only the two in the front dont work, the 2 in the back do work. And they very well might not be connected to the Motherboard. RSVP

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Unlike serial or parallel ports, all USB devices (it does not matter how many physical connectors do you use) are connected to something called USB Root Hub, embedded into the motherboard. If you have one of your USB connectors working, that means, USB drivers on your machine are installed and working properly. Check physical connections to your front USB ports. By the way, you can install additional USB hubs and multiply your USB ports the same way as power sockets with power strips...