New Lounger
    Thanks

Downloading Word templates from Microsoft (Word 2000)

I've been using the templates from http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/ , but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to download the templates so that they can be available in Word without going back to the web page over and over.

They have some kind of Javascript / ASP way to get the template into Word and running -- but I'd rather get the template and save it for later use.

Anyone know how to do this? The template (wizard) I really want is: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/Template...ct=&cid=0.87.89

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Downloading Word templates from Microsoft (Word 2000)

After the template has downloaded to Word on your machine, in Word, "File"..."Save As". Give the file the name that you want the template to be. Then, in the file type section, use the drop down box to choose template as the file type. Word will save it as a template, with a .dot ending, in the same place as your other templates. ....J.Till

New Lounger
    Thanks

Having done that (which I had done already) how do I then start the wizard?

(The saved .dot has no macros in it, or much else besides the styles, from what I can tell.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

With this clarification of your problem, I do not know the answer. (I am not using Word2000.) I hope another Lounger can provide more help than me. ....J.Till

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Follow the link as per usual and run the wizard until you are looking at the Word file created.

Now go into Tools > Templates and Add-ins to have a look at what template is attached to the file. You will discover that the template has been loaded into your Internet Cache and also find out its name. Go to that directory and copy the template and paste it wherever you want it stored. I would suggest renaming it too.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia