Thread: Screen Flicker

qriusjorj

Screen Flicker

Hi all!

I have a form that uses conditional formatting (Access 2000) to change the Back Color of the Active Control. It does what it's supposed to do but I get a pretty annoying screen flicker when navigating between records. Is there any way to get rid of the flicker?

If I use VBA (instead of Conditional Formatting) to change the color of the active control there's NO flicker, but I'm working with continuous forms. It's my understanding that using code on continuous forms to manipulate properties will affect that field for all records. Or does someone know about some new-fangled way to achieve this?

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Sam

qriusjorj

MORE INFO

Alright...I've narrowed down the culprit even further!

I only get this major screen flicker when I'm using the tab control on my form! So for some reason it has to do with conditional formatting for fields on the tab control. Hmm.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Sam

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MORE INFO

I hope someone else will jump in on this because I avoid conditional formatting in Access 2000 and can't help you. I don't like the way it behaves, so I use other alternatives. If you're applying formatting to a single field or fields, you can do it with code and even on continuous forms, although it requires additional controls.

If no one comes up with a fix for you and you want to try the alternate (assuming it fits in with what you're trying to do), let me know.

As for the tab control, when is the flicker occurring? Is it continuous, or only when you change tab pages, or when you move to another record, or what?
    Charlotte