New Lounger
    Thanks

FORMS and DYNASET quieries (Access 2000 sp1)

I have built a large Access database (tracks over 5,000 records) and now that it has been finished for a year we are finding some bugs. The main form is bound to a dynaset query. One button, which is not used frequently, is designed to save info (via standard recordset code) to a table which is already open by the dynaset query. Since I am modifying data already open by the query, Access complains, burps, and does not save the correct info.

I really do not want to unbind all the controls (30+) on the form since all the end users are use to the info being "magically" saved once typed. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FORMS and DYNASET quieries (Access 2000 sp1)

What do you mean by Access complains, burps, and does not save the correct info?
    Can you be more explicit.
    Pat

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: FORMS and DYNASET quieries (Access 2000 sp1)

Are you getting a write conflict error? The simple workaround for that is to make sure first thing the button code does is to test for the dirty condition in the form and then do a DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord. That will save any edits made to the record and enable you to do any other updates or field value changes your "save" code performs. Of course, it would be easier if you didn't do it both ways, and I'm assuming there are other steps that need to be taken when the Save button is clicked. If I'm mistaken, then why bother with the save button?
    Charlotte