New Lounger
    Thanks

Copying Calendar (2002)

I am in the process of switching from a POP3 account to Exchange - and in this process I am building a new Outlook profile. I had a little difficulties in getting all my Contacts from the old profile (.pst file) to my new profile (stored on the server) - e.g. convincing Outlook to use the right Contacts folder as addressbook, but it works fine now.

What I have now is Calendar problems.

1. If I copy the calendar from my old .pst file to my new profile, I get a new Calendar folder called Calendar1 - and my default calendar is still the empty calendar I got from creating the new profile. I can't seem to find how to tell Outlook to copy the content of the old calendar into the new calendar.

2. If I export the calendar from my old .pst file and import into my new profile, I don't get old calendar information into the new profile. When exporting Outlook only saves present month and future months, not past months.

Am I doing it all wrong or what?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copying Calendar (2002)

Try this.

In your Exchange version, open the pst (File | Open | Outlook Data File. Browse to your PST.)

Display the folder list. View menu | Folder list.

Click on the calendar folder in the pst file. Then View menu | Current View | Active Appointments.

Click in the item display area. Edit menu | Select All. Then Edit Copy.

Click on the mailbox calendar and paste.

If this works and you don't want the pst anymore you can right click on the pst main folder and choose close.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copying Calendar (2002)

Greetings OldDog (vuf)

You really pointed me in the right direction there! Of course I must show the entries in the calendar in a table-form, so that I can copy the content to my new calendar. I had to mingle your tip a