Star Lounger
    Thanks

OEM Works and Word (Word 2000)

I have Office 2000 (+Word 2000) on our office computer and have recently purchased a home computer with ME ops system and MS Works 6.0 (eccchhhkk!). I want to be somewhat compatible with the office by being able to bring home Word 2000 docs and work them at home, then carry back to the office (or email them back). Works 6.0 is schlock in that while Works will "read" Word 2000 docs, most of the features of Word 2000 (e.g. footnotes) are lost. You can create footnotes with Works 6.0 but it will not read footnotes already found in Word 2000 documents.

Does anyone have a work around to this problem? My only other solution is buying a Word 2000 version alone (I don't need the other Office functions at home) and installing it at home so I can read Word 2k doc to doc. If anyone has recommendations of what to do or not do when buying an OEM version of Word 2000 on the net, let me know privately. Thanks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OEM Works and Word (Word 2000)

Ron:

MS Works Suite 2000 and up contains a full version of Word, and I've seen it priced below $100, which is a lot cheaper than a standalone copy of MS Word.