aross

Modules PrettyPrint

using Office97 SR2
    1. Does anyone know of an add-in that will format the bits and pieces for legibility. For example, Sub to boldface, end Sub to italics, triple space between procedures, etc.

2. Similarly, how to outline the procedures in a new module
    without getting nasty syntax error popup messages. e.g. outline Sub, call func, call func, end sub. Could I do this in an ascii text file and copy into a module?

any suggestions gratefully received.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Modules PrettyPrint

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.helenfeddema.com/>Helen Feddema's site</A> used to have a Word template to do something like that. I haven't checked to see if it's still there, but you might take a look.

I'm not sure what you mean by outlining the procedures. If you insert the shells in the module, you shouldn't get any syntax errors. For example, if you put Public Sub NewSub() in the module and hit return, it will automatically add the End Sub for you. If you haven't written the functions you intend to call, create stubs for them using the same approach, so that the code will compile even though it doesn't yet do anything. Does that answer your question?

As for writing it with a text processor, go right ahead. You'll probaby need to copy and paste it into the module, though, unless you export a module to text so you can determine what has to go into the header in order to allow Access to simply import the file as a module.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

This may work for you. It formats your code for printing just as you see it on screen. You will have to export to an external file first. I've used an earlier version that worked about 95% for the stuff i was doing in Access. Its quite a big help to have the color comments, vars, dims and what not....
    It comes with language definitions for Delphi/Pascal, C++, Basic, Java, HTML. I used the BASIC definition to jump start the development of a definition to work with Access. It uses a script language so its pretty easy to modify the definitions to what you need...

You can check it out and download a trial version at: http://www.solentsoftware.com/highlighter/index.html

Here's their pitch:Highlighter is the ideal add on utility for any programmer or HTML author. It's a versatile tool for printing source code with syntax highlighting. Using Highlighter your source code printouts will appear just like they do in your IDE or editor. Using syntax highlighting makes your code instantly much easier to read

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

>>2. Similarly, how to outline the procedures in a new module
    without getting nasty syntax error popup messages. e.g. outline Sub, call func, call func, end sub. Could I do this in an ascii text file and copy into a module?<<

From main menubar, select Tools|Options|Modules. Then turn-off autosyntax check. This will stop the pop-up messages from occuring when you try to move-off a line that is not correct (although it will still flag it as incorrect). And yes, you can import into a module from a text file. With a module open, select Insert|File from menubar.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.