5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Window Minimized when opened (IE6)

A friend's system suddenly started opening IE windows minimized. He would open IE and he could see that the program was running but there was no image. Finally, we had him press F11 and the window opened FULL SCREEN. When he pressed F11 again, the window simply minimized back to the taskbar. I had him right click on the task bar button and choose MAXIMIZE and the window opened normally. But when he closes IE and then opens it again, the window opens minimized. I tried to have him "stretch" the window, but when he gets it open finally with the RIGHT CLICK, it is already maximized.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Window Minimized when opened (IE6)

This used to be a problem with the first HTML Help (WinHelp replacement) - IE remembers the window placement when you close the last window. In some cases the registry entry that stores this can become corrupt. If you can get the window restored (not maximized or minimized) where you want it, and close the browser, the setting should be corrected.

If not, you can remove the setting from the registry: Close all IE windows, then rename HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMainWindow_Placement. When you open IE the problem should be solved. (I checked the newsgroups, and this does seem to work for people). As with all registry changes, I offer the standard disclaimer: back up your registry before modifying the settings.

HTH