4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Eudora does not copy entire message into reply (Eudora Light 3.0)

I am having a problem with Eudora that is getting more common. I get a detailed message like this one:

-------------------------Original Message-------------------------
    BIP Group:
    The BOR has issued a statement that emphasizes their desire that we implement policies and procedures to replace the SSN with an alternate student ID number.

This obviously has implications for the business office, financial aid, and admissions.

We can:
    * Meet and discuss the issues and come to consensus on how to proceed
    * Have an email meeting wherein you send me your comments about how we should proceed
    * Do nothing
    If you want to meet, I would recommend this Monday at 2 PM.

What's your pleasure?
    -------------------------Original Message-------------------------

When I hit reply to send a response Eudore is suppose to copy the entire message into the reply and append each line with a ">". Instead, it only copies part of the message, as so:

-------------------------Reply Message-------------------------
    > BIP Group:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > We can: how to proceed Have an email meeting wherein
    >you send me your comments about how we should proceed Do nothing
    >If you want to meet, I would recommend this Monday at 2 PM.
    -------------------------Reply Message-------------------------

This does not happen with all messages, just some of them. If I highlight the problem message and paste it into Word, it all comes over. At first, this problem was fairly rare but it is getting more common so I expect it is tied to some new release of an email program like Outlook. Does anyone know for sure and know if there is anything I can do?

I considered upgrading to a newer version of Eudora but it has a major bug (confirmed by tech support) that keeps me from upgrading. With Eudora 3.0, you can hold down the shift key and transfer an outgoing message to a mailbox to keep a copy stored in the same mailbox as you are using to store incoming messages. Newer versions of Eudora do not save a message when you do this so the only way to save outgoing messages is to have Eudora save all outgoing messages which dumps them all into one mailbox. In my job, I have to keep outgoing messages and be able to find them so that is unacceptable.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Eudora does not copy entire message into reply (Eudora Light 3.0)

Ronny

I can't help you with the first part of your problem as I've never had this happen in the three years I've been using Eudora. However, with regard to saving ourtgoing messages in separate mailboxes, that is definitely a possiblity in the version 5.1 that I'm using. When I send all outgoing messages are dumped into the outbox as you say, however, you can then transfer those messages to the mailbox of your choice either by dragging & dropping them or using the right click menu. I do this periodically in order to keep the out box clean since I was advised that full in and out boxes slow the application down at startup.

Hope this helps

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Eudora does not copy entire message into reply

Yea, you can have the newer versions of Eudora stuff all your messages into the out box and then manually sort them periodically but that is not nearly as easy and just filing them in the appropriate mailbox when you finish writing them, as you can do in Eudora 3.0. I send out a lot of email messages to a lot of different people (I'm a teacher) and not all my students use descriptive subjects so it would be a major pain to sort through the out box so I made the decision to stick with Eudora 3.0 until/unless they fix the newer releases of Eudora.

I expect you don't have this problem because as Eudora has evolved, they have fixed what ever problems Outlook is causing to make these messages behave in this fashion.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson