New Lounger
    Thanks

XP-SP1 and EZCD Creator's Direct CD problem (Xp-SP1)

Anyone else have a problem with SP1 and Direct CD? I cannot read any of the CD-RW's I made in the past. As a matter of fact if I put in a RW, it lockes up the computer. Have to hit the reset button. Roxio seems to be ignoring the problem. I have tried the lasest update to EZCD, ver 5.3.1 sp4 and it seems worse than ver 5.1.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP-SP1 and EZCD Creator's Direct CD problem (Xp-SP1)

Hi MadDad--

There are issues with Easy CD Creator 5.0x with the CDROM and Recorder and XP. There is a Roxio site fix for this XP conflict not specific to SP1 that involves a regedit. Don't know if it will help this.

Take a look.

defrag

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I have heard that this MAY be the result of at KLEZ virus hit. Make sure that your machine is clean and Roxio knows about this. Your might do a search at their site.
    Edit I found the article at http://support.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_...b_articles.html near the bottom of the page.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Error "Engine Initialization has failed"

When I attempt to launch an Easy CD Creator project I receive a message: "Engine Initialization has failed"
    When I Attempt to launch Sound Stream I receive a message: "ICDE Main Interface has failed"
    Note: Errors may also say Create50.exe, cannot create creator (or create instance.)

This information applies to the following product(s):

Easy CD Creator 5.x Platinum Suite
    Easy CD Creator 5.x Basic

This information applies to the following operating system(s):

Windows 95
    Windows 98
    Windows NT 4
    Windows ME
    Windows 2000
    Windows XP

We have confirmed that a Worm Virus (W32.Klez.H@mm) can cause this.

In most cases, the virus will cause Engine Failures to Easy CD Creator installations that had previously worked fine. However, fresh installations are also affected. This virus has been reported to the major Anti Virus software vendors, please check with your vendor for updates and/or utility tools for virus removal.

This type of error message is also caused when required DLL files failed to register. If these required files register unsuccessful during the Easy CD Creator installation process, Roxio's main Engine will not load and cause multiple errors. We have created a utility that will automatically register our CD Recording Engine.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have always used Norton Anti-virus, so I doubt it was a virus. As a matter of fact this happened after a wipe and reinstall of XP-SP1 due to a MB change. After XP & SP1 were installed, I installed EZCD 5.1 then the upgrade to 5.3.1. I couldn't get to any of my backed up stuff on the CD-RW's. I installed the UDF reader on my kids computer, Xp no SP1, and his CD ROM would read the RW's just fine. I copied them to his HD, an as we are networked to my HD. I have installed/uninstalled EZCD by Roxio's instructions, and nada. There are many complaints on Roxio's discussion board about the same problem, so it's not just me. Roxio seems to be ignoring, or dancing around the problem.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You may have always used "Norton Anti-virus", but have you been on top of the new DAILY updates since since some of these new nasties have been running in the wild. I heard about this one, from some one who needed to get a new driver for a NEW machine and got infected before he installed his AV on this machine. You just stated that you rebuilt your machine, when did you install Nortons, first after the XP install or later after you installed other products? And then did you the ALL of the AV updates?

And NO it is NOT just you, Roxio has shown that the virus is a problem and a lot of people will NOT admit to being infected.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I instaled Xp then SP1, bought it from MS, then EZCD and the update for it. Then Norton, and imediately did all the updates for that. Then I tried to access some of my RW's and couldn't. I also still use Netscape for accessing the internet which is also a plus for email protection, or at least a little.