New Lounger
    Thanks

View Folders as Delegate (Outlook 2002)

As a delegate, I have been given full (Editor) rights to someone else's calendar and inbox (on an MS Exchange). They have also right-clicked on the folder, gone into permissions and assigned me as owner, both on the individual folders and in Outlook today. When I open their inbox or calendar using File | Open | Other User's Folder I can see the folder contents but not the folder list. How do I view their folder list?
    Thanks in advance.
    kw

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: View Folders as Delegate (Outlook 2002)

The only way I know is from Tools > Services > Microsoft Exchange Server > Properties > Advanced > Open These Additional Mailboxes

StuartR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (9.9 KB, 0 views)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't have Services as an option in Outlook Tools menu. I did, however, find the same box via the Control Panel | Mail | E-mail Accounts | View or Change Existing Email Accounts | Next | Selected the account | Change | More Settings | Advanced.
    I added the person I am delegate to under open these additional mailboxes. Applied and closed.
    I then opened Outlook, then their inbox and still can't see their folders. View | folders is also not an option.
    I feel like I'm missing something obvious....

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Make sure both the Delegate and the Delegator have closed and re-opened Outlook after making the changes for this to work.

File, Open Other User's Folder does NOT allow you to see anything other than default system folders, you can only see them if you Add the mailbox to your Folder List.

After adding a mailbox to your Folder List by using Services (either through Tools, Services, or right-clicking the Outlook desktop icon and using Properties for the Delegate's mailbox), Outlook should then display ALL folders for which the delegate has permissions. Be aware that subfolder(s) will only display if Permissions have been provided for the parent folder(s). The part I always used to forget was to give Permissions to the Main mailbox folder (in the delegator's folder list "Outlook Today - [Mailbox - username]")

Let us know if you are still having problems.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Great. Thanks for the clarification.
    kw