3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Multi-Line Footers (Office XP SP-1; Win ME)

I have a document that I put a footer in that has multiple lines. I can get the first line to print but not the remainder. I'm using 8.5x11 inch paper with the top margin at 1.2" and the bottom at .57". The footer is defined on the Layout tab as starting at 1.3" from the bottom edge. There are 3 lines in the footer. The document text is Verdana, 12pt.; the footer is Times New Roman, 10 pt. There is plenty of room to print the other lines. The printer is an HP DeskJet 660C.

I've experimented with different combinations of margin/footer-start. I've managed to getting NO footer and getting the first line only.

Please help.

All suggestions greatly appreciated and gratefully received.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing Multi-Line Footers (Office XP SP-1; Win ME)

Hi Bob:
    Not sure. Have you checked to see if the other lines are hidden (font)? Maybe you could attach a page of the document to a post & we can look at it. Printers have different settings as to how close to the edge that you can print. Instead of moving the footer margin to no margin, try increasing it & see if the 3 lines print. You may have to experiment a bit to see how close to the edge you can go.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing Multi-Line Footers (Office XP SP-1; Win ME)

It's generally not a great idea to have the footer size larger than the bottom margin. Same thing with the header size and the top margin. Try making the footer size less and the bottom margin more. The only other thing that occurs to me right off the top of my head is to look and see if the footer text is in a text box. I've seen the combination of a text box in the footer and a conflict between the bottom margin and the footer size keep footer text from printing.

Lee Morgan