5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report Menu (A2K)

Here's the situation. I have a Corporations file with a couple of hundred names. Each of these corporations also have related personnel. I would like to be able to specifically, from a dropdown, select any one of the corporations and printout only that corporation. The report as it stands now, would print out everything. I know I've seen this capability somewhere before, but as usual, can't find it when I need it. So, to recap, I want a form which accesses the Corporations Table, and I want to be able to select a specific corporation from a dropdown combo box and then click a preview button. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Menu (A2K)

All you need to do is grab the key value from the combobox and then use it to set the WhereCondition argument of DoCmd.OpenReport. The WhereCondition argument is just like the WHERE clause of a SQL string but without the actual word "Where" in it. So if the condition is "Where [KeyValue]=123", then the WhereCondition string would be "[keyvalue]=123". And your OpenReport would look something like this:

DoCmd.OpenReport "MyReport", acViewPreview, , "[keyvalue]=123"

Does that answer your question?
    Charlotte

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Menu (A2K)

Charlotte, as always, you come through. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.
    Andy
    Cheers,
    Andy