New Lounger
    Thanks

Error when trying to send from Excel (97)

I'm having the following error when trying to send from within Excel 97..."Cannot load the mail service. Check your mail installation." The client OS is 98SE and we're running Outlook 2000 on a networked Exchange 2000 server. Everything is fine when sending from Word (although the additional option to send via Mail from Microsoft Outlook is missing). I've re-installed Office 97 but to no avail. Outlook 2000 was recently re-installed by someone else but has not seemed to make any difference. I know there is a TechNet Q296412 article pointing out a similar problem but wondered if anyone knew of a quick fix I'd love to hear it.

Many thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Re: Error when trying to send from Excel (97)

Hi There

Just guessing here... You say you have re-installed Office 97, you will need to ensure that all relevent service releases are also re-loaded. On the basis that you re-loaded Office 97 after you first encountered this problem, missing service releases are unlikely in themselves to be the cause of your problem. Though thought it worth mentioning it, just in case.

Regards
    Peter

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded the service packs today so will load those in order at the next opportunity. Will keep you informed!

Regards,

John

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorted out the problem just by re-installing Outlook. The option to Send now works fine. Interestingly enough after installing SP1 I tried to put on SP2, but it kept insisting I hadn't installed SP1. Strange!

Anyway, thanx for the suggestions.