Thread: XP (A2000 SR1)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

XP (A2000 SR1)

I've just taken delivery of my new pc, Windows XP

My DB has always been designed using 800x600.
    My new pc works on 1024x768. I've changed the settings back to 800x600 but now have a horrible black border around my screen.
    Does any-one have any idea's on what to do with this. i don't want to start resizing all my forms.

Regards
    Dave

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP (A2000 SR1)

I suppose you mean that there is a black border around your Windows desktop.

If you have an LCD screen, there might not be much you can do about it. If you have a CRT monitor, you can probably use the controls of the monitor to resize the displayed area. If you still have questions on this, you may be better of putting them in the WinXP or hardware forum, because they are not Access-specific.

There are third-party utilities that can resize forms in your Access application on the fly, for instance from Peter's Software. You can download a free demo version from http://www.peterssoftware.com.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP (A2000 SR1)

You're probably running into Win XP video driver issues. I have Access 2000 running at 1024x768 on my laptop at home and my desktop at work, both running Win2k, without seeing any similar problem when I go down to 800x600. Of course, the forms are uncomfortably large at that resolution, but there's no black border on the screen.
    Charlotte