5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Project Name (Word XP SR1)

Occasionally when I look at the Project Explorer in the VBA Editor, I notice that an open document has as its name "Normal (Document Actual Name)." Why does "Normal" creep into this description in same cases but not in others?

I also notice that some documents open with the Control Toolbox visible. Is there any reason for this?

Thanks,
    Richard Barrett

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Project Name (Word XP SR1)

With Word, there is ALWAYS a project associated with the Normal template.
    However, you can rename the Normal project, tho i've yet to have a reason to do so.

If you rename the Normal project to, say, BooHoo in the VBA and save the changes to the Normal template. when you next start Word, you'll see a project named BooHoo associated with the Normal template. The name of th etemplate file does not change.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Project Name (Word XP SR1)

The *document* at issue here is in addition to the normal template/project. It's a document that I created several days ago, and now when I open it, the project name is "Normal (Patent Application)". There is no code associated with the document, nothing that would be typical of a template with VBA modules or user forms; it's just a typical Word document. There are several documents where this is the case. None of them is a renamed normal template. I saw this happen once or twice in Word 97 years ago, but haven't seen it since.