New Lounger
    Thanks

Importing PowerPoint Presentations (Word 2002)

Hi,

I'm a newbie to posting in this lounge, but a long-time subscriber of the office watches.

I hope this is the most appropriate forum, as my question involves both Word and PowerPoint. I am compiling proceedings for a local engineering seminar. The document is being compiled in Word, however, it also involves importing several large (>1mb) color slide shows into the Word document. I've been trying to find a way to import the presentations without creating too huge of a document file. I was able to do this last year in Word 97 (the final document was a 'small' 10mb). Yet I cannot figure out how to do this in Word 2002. I've tried using the "Send to Word" command in PowerPoint; the Word file came out to 98mb, ack! Does anyone know of a way to import large presentations into a Word document and keep the file size relatively (i.e. under 98mb <g>) small?

Thank you!!!
    Christy
    Northrop Grumman Newport News

Thanks

Re: Importing PowerPoint Presentations (Word 2002)

Yeah - I've been able to reproduce this myself.
    The blow up in file size is very large.
    I took a 42 k presentation - put it into an empty word file (24 k) using the send to command and it blew up to 399k.
    A more reasonable file size is acheived when you simple copy/paste each slide. That went to 55k.

But if it is a long presentation, that will be very tedious.

Got to think about this some more.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

This thread <post#=155491>post 155491</post#> talks about something similar.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

Catharine,
    Thank you for your replies! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] I actually ended up creating and combining several .pdf files from the word and PowerPoint documents. I'm reading through the thread you recommended; I'm sure I'll use that information eventually since I work between several office programs on a regular basis.
    -Christy