Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dratted report footer! (97)

Morning everyone - can anyone tell me how to get my report footer working correctly. I have a report, subdivided into two columns, running monthly totals, with a grand total in the report footer. Can't get the thing to print the grand totals on the bottom of the second column - it keeps on taking a new page. Have fiddled about with before and after sections, columns etc. but it won't play. Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dratted report footer! (97)

If your columns are setup to fill down and across (File/Page Setup, Columns tab), you'll get this behavior, because the first column is fulled to the bottom of the page. If across and down is acceptable, the report footer will print on the same page as the last record (if there is room).
    Otherwise, you can create a dummy grouping level in Sorting and Grouping: set the Field/Expression to something like =True or =1. This dummy grouping level should be the first in the list; you can drag it to the top if necessary. Set Group Footer to Yes, and place the grand total in the group footer instead of in the report footer.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Dratted report footer! (97)

Thanks Hans, as always, for your help. Will try.