Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Conditional Formatting (2000)

I know there must be an easy answer to this, but it is too early in the morning. I have the following formula in cell C1: "=If(isnumber(A1),A1*B1,if(istext(A1),A1,""))" . In addition, I have conditionally formatted C1 such that if the results are less than or equal to zero, the fromat is bold red, and if greater than zero, bold green. My question is, how can I turn off the conditional formatting when the result of the formula is text, such that it would be formatted as regular text (i. e., black, not bold)?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conditional Formatting (2000)

You must add a condition, but it must the first one.
    In the first box, you must select Formula Is instead of the default Cell Value Is; in the second box, enter the formula =ISTEXT(C1). Click the Format.... button and select Black as color and any other formatting options you want.

Note: I still use Excel 97; it provides no way to re-order conditions AFAIK, so I would have to delete the existing conditions, enter the one for =ISTEXT(C1) and then re-create the ones for positive and negative numbers. I don't know if this is easier in Excel 2000.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conditional Formatting (2000)

Thanks, Hans. Works fine.
    Jeff