New Lounger
    Thanks

winword.exe error when copy tables from IE to Word (2000)

When I copy data, usually tables, from Internet Explorer and paste into Word, I get winword.exe error usually AFTER it does the paste. Or sometimes outlook.exe error or even msoffice.exe (toolbar). Often the Word document with the pasted table is not lost. It is just annoying. I have completely removed Office, rebooted, and reinstalled but no help. I have upped the RAM from 128MB to 256MB but no help.

Any ideas?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: winword.exe error when copy tables from IE to Word (2000)

Hi Phil
    I have the drwtsn.log but I don't understand it apart from what .exe crashed - exception violation - and at what time. Do you know what else I can get from the log? It is always copying and pasting from IE that seems to cause the .exe to fail. I'm running Windows 2000 and the PC works fine apart from this. I've previously run a repair of IE.
    Thanks for your help, Abigail

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Abigail:
    I don't have an answer for you, but having the exact error message would be a help. Also, can you think of anything else that you have done before you get an error? This sounds like it might be a problem with the operating system, since it affects Outlook & possibly other applications.

I'd run a system file checker (SFC) if you're using Win 98. I'd also go to Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/& scroll to IE & click Add/Remove. You will then get a repair option for IE. I'd also try NOT running the office toolbar & see if it makes a difference.

There might be a conflict with some running application. You should Ctrl+Alt+Del & see what's running after a reboot.
    Cheers,

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Abigail:
    I wasn't thinking of the whole Dr. Watson log, just the error message that pops up on the screen. In any event, I don't have the answer. It may also be important to know what else is running besides IE & Word. If you don't get an answer here, you might try either on the IE board or the Windows 2000 board (not both). Perhaps attaching the log to a post would help one of the Windows experts.
    Cheers,