Thread: E-mail 2

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

E-mail 2

I have a contacts folder for which each contact has 2 e-mail addresses. One is for a technical contact and one is for a sales contact. Is there any way to select "E-mail 2" for sending an e-mail to many contacts at one time?

I am using Outlook 2000, SR1.

I am cross-posting this on the VB/VBA forum.

ckgoat

Re: E-mail 2

Goto Customize Current View, and apply a filter where "Email 2 is not empty", select all and goto Actions | New message to contact.

I hope that helps.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This filters the list so that I only have users with an e-mail 2, but it does not address the message using e-mail 2. It only uses e-mail 2 if e-mail 1 is blank. This is not case with 99% of my contacts.

Thanks

I don't use my contacts folder for e-mail, I use a Personal Address Book. In the PAB, if you type in the address field, for instance, Jones work, it will find the closest match, which may be Katie Jones (work). But if I try to use a 2 after a name in addressing a message, Outlook can't deal because the (Email 2) is not really part of the name. <unhelpful grumbling sound>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

pabs are corp mode only and is being phased out. you may want to start consideringmoving to contacts. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

search only searches for the name, not theemail #, since it's not really part of the search field.

Thanks

In light of the limitations of the Contact folder/Mail addressing interface, I'm in no hurry to abandon my PAB.

Actually, all my "real" contacts are in my Palm, and I just never have fed them back into Outlook...