Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Change Bars Word97 (97/sr2b)

I am dealing with a document that must be printed double sided and show the change bars on the outside border. Additionally, each chapter must start with page 1 and be on the right hand side of the bound document. Mr Gates seems to have thought of all this with:
    - Highlight Changes / Options / Changed Lines / Outside Border, and
    - Insert / Break / Section Break / Odd Page

I find that if the last page in a chapter is an odd-numbered page and has revisions, the change bars:
    - in Page View appear on the right, as I would expect;
    - in Normal View appear on the left in conflict with my expectations; and most disturbing
    - when printed appear on the left.

Has anyone out there tangled with this and come up with any sort of solution.

Thanks in advance
    Don
    Regards
    Don

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Change Bars Word97 (97/sr2b)

I would have expected them to appear incorrectly in Normal View but if they are coming out on the printed document on the wrong side then you may have a real problem.

What is the situation in the Print Preview? Is it correct or not? Are you showing hidden text or tracked changes on screen but not printing them?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change Bars Word97 (97/sr2b)

This is not a one document or one machine problem; It seems to be at least company wide, and I believe application wide. The Print Preview displays the change bar on the right-hand side. Now here's the kicker; I just printed a sample on my HP1200 printer and it came out correctly, the same file came out incorrectly printing to Adobe Acrobat. I'll keep you informed of progress. Thanks for the interest.

Don
    Regards
    Don