New Lounger
    Thanks

Primary Domain Controller

Can anyone please help ?

I'm setting up a new Windows2000 server as a domain controller but am having difficulties getting other W2K machines to connect. Error appears on other machines "Netlogon not set up on this machine"
    I've checked the set up and Netlogon is up and running. Cannot therefore get the PC's to access the network via the new domain controller. W95 & W98 are all ok through the new Domain server.

Any ideas ?

Rgds
    NG

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Primary Domain Controller

No answers for you, just some questions to try and understand the problem a bit better...

Did you set the new server up as a brand new forest, or as a new domain in an existing forest, or as a new domain controller in an existing domain?
    Were the existing servers part of a domain already?

StuartR

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Stuart,

The domain is already set up on exisitng old NT servers.
    I am trying to set up the domain from scratch on a new Windows 2000 server, therefore set it up as a new forest. It was my intention to add all users from the NT set up onto the W2K set up and basically switch over. This works fine for W95 & 98 but not W2K. The existing W2K servers I have currently log into the NT domain controller no problem. I have a feeling I may have to remove them from Domain within there own "My computer" and add them as a Workgroup instead ?

Rgds
    NG

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You need to either
    <UL><LI>Remove the workstations from the NT4 domain and add them to the W2K domain
    <LI>Set up a trust relationship between the domains so that the new W2K domain trusts the old NT4 domain[/list]StuartR