Thread: robot.exe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

robot.exe

How do I find out what the things are that show up in the AltCntDel. Specifically this time "robot.exe". Most of the time EndItAll identifies enough to figure it out but it says robot.exe is "remind". I don't know if it is from Win98SE, OffPro97, Quicken or what. Outlook maybe?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: robot.exe

PacMan's Portal is a good place to start:
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup...artup_full.htm

But, I must tell you, robot.exe is NOT on his list. This is usually not a good thing!

Can you find the file and look at its properties?

Thanks

Not that I know about such things, but Googling for robot.exe seems to show one version of it to be linked to synching palmtops - such as referred to here at dasoft.com.

(I also came across various sites where it is used for controlling robots, funnily enough!)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tnx! PacMans Portal is a great site, have to add it to my tools list. Using some hints from there I think I have traced robot.exe down. Seems to be a left over file from an old Omega Jazz drive backup system that was on my old computer it just sort of hitch hiked itself over when the other start up things were transferred. I wonder what other orphans I have floating around in the new system. Time will tell.

Yeah I could do a Google too but I always hope someone here will have dealt with the particular problem and I won't have to reinvent the wheel and it usually works.