Thanks

Win Config Program?

When I used Win NT there was some program named something like Winconfig.exe that I could use to change what programs loaded in the system tray (that weren't loaded from the start menu). I have a program that has an agent that loads that I don't want to load. I can run the program manually from the desktop. Does anybody know the name of the program that I'm looking for? And while I'm asking, cause I have a home computer with WinME soon to be WinXP, are there similar programs in WinME or WinXP? Years ago I just looked in system.ini or win.ini, but those days are gone! <grin>

Thx. -Rich.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win Config Program?

I don't know if this is what you're looking for - but it's a favorite of mine: Startup Control Panel. Slap the EXE version wherever you want.

In Win98 and higher, there is the built in MSCONFIG utility, which can be accessed via Start - Run. Startup Control Panel also works on those versions.
    -Mark

Thanks

For some reason, msconfig is not found on my system. I ran a search and it's not there. However, I downloaded Startup Control Panel and it should do what I need. Thanks for the tip! -Rich.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, perhaps I was a bit ambiguous - MSCONFIG exists in Win98 and ME, and also XP - but not in NT or 2000. But at least you found something that works!!
    -Mark

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Also available is a msconfig program that works on Win 2000 at http://www.thetechguide.com/downloads.html.
    I've used it without problems.