4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Database fails to open (2k)

A few minutes ago I closed a database on which I had been working. I tried to open it but I get a message that states:The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine ........... that prevents it being opened or locked. I have searched through related posts but none seems to apply exactly. I have tried to import the objects into a new database but the same message appears. Also, I downloaded and used the Jet database compactor but to no avail. There is an associated .ldb file in the same folder which I cannot delete - Access denied. I have also received a message stating that the database is already in use. Any suggestions? I have certainly learned the lesson concerning regular backups.
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Database fails to open (2k)

Problem is half-solved. I have been able to copy the original file and paste it in a diiferent folder from where it opens with no problem. However, I am still unable to delete either the original file or its associated .ldb file - Access denied! Any suggestions?
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Two questions:
    * Does the problem persist when you reboot?
    * If you open the task manager, is Access still running in the background?
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the responses.
    On reboot I was "allowed" to delete the .ldb file. The original now opens and closes without problems.
    Again thanks. This is a fantastic forum. More power to Woody's elbow! (Colloquial expression)