Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Zip Code on Envelopes (Access & Word 2000 sr-1)

I have created an envelope template in Word. It is linked to a query in Access. I use an input mask to enter zip codes but do not store the character so zip codes will appear in the raw table at 98501 or 985011821. I have Word set up to print delivery point bar code. The zip codes in the format 98501 work fine the ones that come up 985011821 trigger an invalid zip code message printed on the envelope. I stripped the - from all zip codes because when I printed labels in Access the ones that showed 98501-1821 work fine but the ones that printed as 98501- triggered the invalid zip code message. I have tried the format command @@@@@-@@@@ but that results in a correct zip code for 9 digit codes but this for 5 digit codes 9-8501. I hope I have made myself clear.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing Zip Code on Envelopes (Access & Word 2000 sr-1)

You can create a calculated formatted field in the query, and use this field on your envelope:

FormattedZip: IIf(Len([Zip])=5,[Zip],Left([Zip],5) & "-" & Right([Zip],4))

Replace Zip by the actual name of your zip code field.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing Zip Code on Envelopes (Access & Word 2000 sr-1)

Hans, worked like a champ! Thank you that was exactly what I needed. I just printed 93 envelopes and every zip code printed as it should.