Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text Form Field Options Losing Formatting (Word 2000)

If I have a formfield and I set the Text Form Field Options to "Date" with the Date format M/d/yy, and the style applied to the field is Bold, and then the user types January 1, 2002 into the field, then tabs out of the field, it changes the date to 1/1/02 but it is no longer bold (even though the formatting bar still says it is bold). This seems to happen with all the Text Form Field Options. Any way to keep the bold formatting in place?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text Form Field Options Losing Formatting (Word 2000)

Hi Sherry:
    Form fields don't work like that. In order to prevent users from formatting text form fields in a manner different from the creators intentions, Word disables many functions in protected forms. If you want text to appear bold in a text form field, do the following:
    1. Unprotect the document or template.
    2. Select the field & format it as bold (Ctrl+[img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img].
    3. Protect the form field.

Cheers,

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Phil (or anyone else who can help!),
    I'm back to this problem. I don't think I made myself clear the first time 'round. I've created a protected form that has a number of formfields in which the User will insert a date. I've set the formfield formatting in the Text Form Field Options window for Date with the format of MM/dd/yy. The style that is applied to the formfield (and cell) is Arial 9 Bold. If the user types in 02/06/03 the text remains Arial 9 Bold. However, if they type in 2/6/03, the date automatically reformats to 02/06/03 as it should, but it loses the Bold formatting.

This is driving me nuts. I need the formatting of the dates on the form to match the rest of the text in the form - which is Bold. I can't have only the dates not in bold. I thought I could use a General Formatting Switch but I can't use that in a FORMTEXT field.

Any suggestions?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Never mind. I've finally figured it out, although it makes no sense. Apparently, I needed to switch my Normal style to Bold in order for the reformatted date to keep the bold formatting.