Star Lounger
    Thanks

MIssing cell contents in PDF (Excel 2000 Acrobat 5)

I have an Excel worksheet in which there are three identically laid out tables (varying text) in which some of the cells are merged. In these merged cells, there is text in a larger font than the other rows. I have increased the row size in these cells. When I create a PDF of the worksheet, SOME of the text disappears in ONE of these merged cells. It is visible in Excel's print preview, but disappears in the PDF. Every other cell is perfect, including the other two cells which contain the same size text and have the same row height.

I have tried copying and pasting this worksheet into a new document, resetting all the column widths (as this does not seem to carry over with the copy/paste) and again, some of the text in this one cell disappears in the PDF! I hav tried changing its colour but this doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MIssing cell contents in PDF (Excel 2000 Acrobat 5)

If the worksheet will print to a printer OK, then the problem is most likely in the Acrobat print driver, not in Excel.
    Legare Coleman

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MIssing cell contents in PDF (Excel 2000 Acrobat 5)

You could well be right - it just seems so strange that some of the text in just one cell won't show in the PDF. However, as a last resort (the PDF was needed yesterday) I was able to insert the missing text within Acrobat. I would still like to know why it happened though.