Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adding and subtracting with conditionals (Excel 2000 SR-1)

Hey all,

I'm trying to do something that is probably really simple. A little background... I've created a report where I copy information from MS Project into Excel, then filter that information on another sheet to show just the things we want to see. Which are tasks not completed, tasks due within one month, and non summary tasks. I have attached the template of this report. Currently it is only set up for 50 tasks, to make it small enough to post. The information is pasted into the Input sheet, then formulas move it to the All Team tab where it is filtered. To get the correct filtering all one has to do is push the Create_Report button on the input sheet.

What I need to do is make the "Number of Completed Tasks" field on the input sheet work right. So to do this I want to count the number of "Yes" in the "Task Finished?" column, only if they have an entry in the "Resource Names" column. Because summary tasks do not, or at least aren't supposed to, have resources assigned to them. I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Any help?

Also, if anyone knows a better way to do this report in general, any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
    Justin K.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: Adding and subtracting with conditionals (Excel 2000 SR-1)

I couldn't get your attachment to do anything, filled with #refs.

try array formula confirm with ctrl-shift-enter not enter:
    =COUNT(IF(NOT(ISBLANK(G1:G50))*(F1:F50="yes"),1))

Steve