Star Lounger
    Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

File open dialog for PPT (VBA / PPT / 97 SR2)

I want to display a file open and file save dialog in powerpoint similar to the Application.GetOpenFilename and Application.GetSaveAsFilename commands available in XL97. I have tried using the commands from the Microsoft Excel 8.0 object library, but this is clumsy, and is tricky opening and correctly closing Excel from Powerpoint. Is there a windows call (API, DLL) or some other technique I can use, to get the file open and file save as dialog in PPT?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File open dialog for PPT (VBA / PPT / 97 SR2)

You can download some Access VBA code here that should work. The API call is GetOpenFileName, and you can also download code for it from http://www.allapi.net
    Charlotte

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File open dialog for PPT (VBA / PPT / 97 SR2)

There also was a class module for a file open in this thread on the Access board. Insert it as a class module in PPT and remove the "Option Compare Database" first line. It's not the greatest class module, but it's a good start. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>