Thanks

Capturing .wmv files (XPP)

Does anybody know how or where .wmv files are stored locally when viewing streaming video? I have done a search and nothing is located on the HD, so I was wondering if these are deleted automatically after viewing in the Windows Media Player? How do you caoture them?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Capturing .wmv files (XPP)

If they're streamin' - they're not being saved. They're being buffered into memory. It's not that they're deleted after, they just don't exist to begin with except for what the server is dishing out to you.
    -Mark

Thanks

Re: Capturing .wmv files (XPP)

So when I rewind/replay the same clip, it downloads a lot faster than it did the first time? I was under the impression that to view any file, it had to be located or staged somewhere on your computer to do just that?

I had a similar question recently with a QuickTime .mov clip and found that it was downloading to the Local Settings Temp file, but automatically deleted when app was closed. Is the Media Player handle .wmv files differently? I haven't messed with video much and am learning new things as I am getting into it now.