New Lounger
    Thanks

Turn off typos (2002)

I am running the Analyze Table wizard to split a flat database into relational. After the splitting is done, the wizard asks me to correct apparent typos it found. Well, the ones it found are not typos, and there are thousands of them. It seems I have to delete each cell to "Leave As Is," which will take forever. Is there any way to stop the wizard from looking for typos, or else do a "Leave As Is" on all fields with one stroke?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Turn off typos (2002)

Unless the flat database has hundreds of fields I would prefer to do the split manually. I find the wizard makes assumtions which are not always on the mark. If you understand the logical relationships of items you should be able to allocate them to sensible normalized tables.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Turn off typos (2002)

Is this happening with field names, or the data in fields. You could try turning off the autocorrect function, as it may be that rather than the wizard causing your grief. On the other hand, I agree with David - the Analyze function seldom gets it exactly right. You might use the results to get some idea of how to proceed, but I would almost certainly do it manually.
    Wendell