Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge - Attached File (Office 2000)

I need to send out about 1000 emailes using mail merge. I have an Excel sheet set up with all the needed information including the email address. I also have 1000 excel worksheets and I need to attach one sheet to each email. The file names for the attachments are specific to the email address. The file names are also included in the data source spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how to do a mail merge to an email address and attach a different file to each email?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge - Attached File (Office 2000)

About the only suggestion I can think of is to embed a link to the spreadsheet in a word document and then do a merge on that. The Word mail merge to email gives you the option of sending the Word document as an attached file. The other alternative would be do generate the emails directly from Excel using VBA - that would let you do lots more but requires knowing a fair bit about either MAPI or the Outlook object model.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks

Wendell,
    Thanks for the reply. My problem is that I have 1000 spreadsheets, one for each mail recipient so I don

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Sorry I wasn't more descriptive - the link to the spreadsheet would be a mailmerge field that gets filled in by the merge process so that each email would have a Word document attached which had a different path so that each person gets the correct spreadsheet. It would require investigating the field structure for embedded spreadsheets however - not something I've actually looked at. You could put you data source into an Access database - there a a number of threads in the Access lounge that deal with the code to do similar things.

I also recalled that there is an Exchange add-in that will let you do bulk emailing though I don't know if it will let you attach a file - but take a look at <post#=61014>post 61014</post#>. It does require that you are running Exchange Server however. Hope this gives you some ideas.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It is appreciated.