Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlinks (WD97/2000)

Is it possible to create some sort of auto format on the fly to reproduce Word's ability to replace internet/network verbage with the appropriate hyperlink, but not limited to the structures www.xxxxxx.com or xxxxxxxxxxx.zzz?.
    Example: I want to type A-1999 and after pressing the space bar I want to see netDrivenetDirnetSubdirA-1999.doc as a hyperlink (where the path is fortunatley a pretty consistent one). Any ideas???
    PS: I did it with VBA but I was wondering whether it could be done on the fly (versus having to run a macro to find occurrences os the format " A, daash, digit,gigit,digit,digit " ....and so on...).
    Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks (WD97/2000)

If you have a Macro that will do the work, then you could consider using Kalus' example code in <post#=114359>post 114359</post#> that allows you to assign a Macro to the space bar.
    This would enable you to do your own "autocorrect".

StuartR

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Before I test it and out of sheer curiosity....would this code run EVERY time I press the space bar? (not exactly what I want to do....).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>ould this code run EVERY time I press the space bar? <hr>
    Yes it would, so you would have to make the initial check very efficient and exit if you didn't have a match.

StuartR