5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Monitor Question

I have an older (1995) Gateway 2000 Vivitron 1572 monitor. It is doing funny stuff - the picture will shrink and expand, move from side to side or up and down - All by itself. . The controls for horizontal, vertical and size will cause changes other than what they should. Press on the horizontal control and the size will change. Press on the size control and the picture will move vertically. Press on the vertical control and nothing happens. No rhyme or reason to actions and sometimes they change. The picture is bright and clear but right now, the task bar is not in the view. Should I just give it a good funeral or is there something I can do?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Monitor Question

I'm thinking funeral....given the low cost of monitors these days repairing them isn't really viable, since it can cost more than a replacement. It sounds like the electronics are on their way out.
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Monitor Question

I agree with Mark. The controller board has gone bad. This is usually due to age, heat, and sometimes a good drop. This is a good time to move to a 17 or 19 inch, or maybe even a flat panel. You could purchase another 15 inch for less than the cost of repair.