5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Remove Side Number from 1st Slide (PP 2000)

How do I remove the slide number from the 1st slide, or cause a number not to appear on the fist slide?

Thanks

Re: Remove Side Number from 1st Slide (PP 2000)

While on the first slide go to View, Header and Footer. Clear the slide number check box. Use the Apply button - not apply to all.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

To remove all header/footer info from the title slide (which should be the first slide):
    View | Header and Footer | Check "Don't show on title slide"

However, if you have a a regular slide as the first slide instead of a title slide, then the above will not work instead...
    To remove just the page number from a single slide:
    Select the slide from which you want the slide number removed (in your case, the first)
    View | Header and Footer | Uncheck slide number and press the Apply button (not the Apply to All)

HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SammyB For This Useful Post:

okyoutellme (2012-10-17)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have tried your (and Catherine's solution), but still can not get rid of the *#!@ slide number on the first slide. I even created a new Title slide. I created a new slide number field in the Slide Master, but I can not eliminate the number on the first/title slide. I can remove it from all slides but not from just the first slide.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Is it maybe a textbox on the title master (View | Master | Title Master) rather than the slide number? On the title master, you should see <#> where the slide number should appear. If you're still having trouble, can you copy the presentation and edit out all but a couple of slides, make sure that there is still a problem, and attach it to a reply to this post. Thanks! --Sam
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jim:

As Sammy B pointed out, you should remove the <#> from the title slide by Viewing the Slide Master. Then you will not get a number on the title slide. If you are looking to start the numbering on the second slide with slide #1, go into File, Page Setup, Number slides from: and set it to "0". Then follow the other suggestions regarding View, Header Footer.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hey, Jim. Did you get the problem fixed or did you give up on us? I had my PowerPoint class analyze the problem, and they want to know the answer. If you're still having problems and can attach the show or one like it, that would be very helpful. --Sam

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I fixed it with a "work-arround". When I originally created this presentation I thought I wanted our company logo to appear as a footer on the bottom right of every slide, so I deleted the text box in the Slide Master which is titled "Number Area". Later as the presentation was developed I decided the logo looked better on the lower right, and the side number should be in the center. I was able to adjust things so the logo did not appear on the title slide, but creating a text box in the footer area in the center of the Slide Master and inserting page numbers there (#) resulted in a page number on the title slide despite turning off page number for the title slide in View-Header&Footers. (I had deleted the text box titled "Footer Area" in the center earlier and kept placing the page number there. Finally I deleted the center footer text box, created a text box on the bottom right where the "Number Area" originally was, inserted page number, and was then able to turn off the page number on the Title Slide. I was never able to do this if I put the page number in the center. Thanks for your help.