Thread: Battery Charge

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Battery Charge

Before I contact Palm, I thought I'd ask here and see what other users' experience is. I have a Palm model m515 and re-charging the battery takes a LONG time. The manual indicates that it should charge in a few minutes of recharging (daily). Last evening, in the supper time area, I put it on the cradle with the charge indicator down around 20-25% and left it charging (turned off) until this morning at about 6:30 AM. When I took it off the cradle and turned it on, the power meter only indicated about 75% charged! I turned it back off and returned it to the cradle. The strange thing is, as I got ready to make this post my curiosity got the best of me, so I checked it again and now the meter looks like it's fully charged. Anyone seen strange behaviour like this?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Battery Charge

I have noticed similar behaviour, with my M500
    I take the palm out of the cradle and the battery shows as only partially charged. After a few minutes out of the cradle the battery meter jumps to fully charged. I think, therefore, that your palm was fully charged. A software "feature", rather than a hardware failure.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As someone once said, by jove, I think he's got it! Since I made that post, I've subsequently re-charged on a couple of occasions, where it didn't look fully charged overnight. After powering off and turning it back on, it registers 100%. Next time I charge, I think I'll leave it turned on to see if the meter jumps to 100 by itself. Thanks, David.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

My battery powered m105 behaves similarly, only a little quicker; when the new batteries are installed and I turn it back on, it appears to take a couple of CPU cycles to refresh the charge meter, which jumps from the old "low" reading to the new "fully charged" reading after about a second.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS